Our ability to adapt to new situations can not be compared with the resources for a child to adjust. We have a wealth of experience that allows us to adapt to new situations in a more gentle and controlled manner.
The ability of a child to integrate into a new environment depends on your way of being, but also how to adapt patterns develop.
Leaving home and integrate into a new environment with peers to whom he has never seen, with different rules to be learned and in an unfamiliar place is not easy. As if that were not enough, mom and dad are not there to lend a hand.
Tips for a good adaptation to the child’s school
In early childhood, everything is new for children. And only we, parents are the ones who can help them with the support and understanding they need in times like this. The integration of children in a school should be done gradually, that is, step by step, without rush or hustle. It is very important to respect the times and the needs of each individual child.
To get your child adjust well to kindergarten or school , especially if it is the first time you wear it, you should follow these tips to help you overcome this situation naturally.
1. Adaptation time. At first, takes the child only for a few hours at the nursery and, little by little, slowly raise the schedule. Each child needs his time.
2. Objects of attachment. Let your child wear is desired, his favorite toy, or something that is familiar and keep connected to your home.
3. Bachelor fast. Avoid prolong the farewells in excess. Security must be transmitted to the child and avoid dramatics. Your child should know that in a little while you will come to pick you and what you’re doing is the best for him.
4. Motivation and encouragement. On leaving the nursery, your child spends time playing with him. It’s good to discover that what he does in the center is not so different from what we usually do at home. Encourage your child to share with you the experiences learned in school. And joy and enthusiasm demonstrated by their progress.
5. Inputs and outputs. It is desirable that the mother or father going to take and pick you up. This routine will provide security and also get used to the change before.
6. Direct contact. Whenever you consider it necessary to talk to the teacher or educator about your doubts, your concerns and observe any changes in the child.
7. Activities seeks to be informed about the activities being carried out in class: chips, new songs, seasons, etc., to understand and enhance learning.
8. Evolution and stages. The aspects of the child’s development should be coordinated with the educators ( removal of the diaper or pacifier ) to be carried in the same way at home and at school.
9. Power. Try to keep in mind what you eat each day in kindergarten, requesting the menu, to offer you a more balanced diet.
10. Relaxed atmosphere. For a better adaptation of the child to the nursery should not start your day in a hurry or burdens by leaving home. So no rush in the morning. Try to wake early to eat breakfast and head calmly without stress to the nursery.